When your loved one dies, the life you knew feels over. There is a line in the sand, and the story of your life is forever marked before and after. It’s hard enough to take the next breath, let alone think about the future.
I get it.
Here’s the thing. Even though you feel like your future is over, it isn’t. If you have a pulse, you have a future. If you have a future, there is a future version of you waiting for you and cheering you on.
Your future self is depending on you, the broken version you may be today, to make the decisions that will get you next month or next year. If it feels like too much, remember one thing.
Your new future begins the moment you begin thinking new thoughts.Teresa Beshwate, The Sudden Widow Coach
I believe so strongly in connecting and finding your future self that I teach entire classes on the subject. Here’s what the research is showing:
- The more connected you are to your future self, the better decisions you will make in your present.
- You future self can act as a “pulling” force in your present life, pulling you towards your future.
- Your future self can also act as a driver of decision-making in the present; helping you create positive actions and behaviors.
- You will be less likely to engage in self-defeating behaviors because you have a vision of you in your future.
- Your future self can give you meaning and purpose in the present.
- Your future self can allow you to love and appreciate life for the gift that it is.
- It will help you invest in your future today (take a class, buy the house, etc.) because you know that your future self needs it.
Take a few minutes each day and visualize you in your future. Are you happy or sad? Do you live in a different house? Is your house organized? Are you active and in good health?
Once you connect with that version of you, allow him/her to help you make those decisions today.
Blessings my friends,
Leave a Reply